Thursday 25 August 2011

Stage 1 of building.....

The outline of our home on the block.


The floorplan. 

The changes we made to the original floorplan was we moved the alfresco (where the Lounge is at the moment) to the end of the house (which was originally the Rumpus Room).  Child's retreat has now been converted to Bed 5, due to the fact there a 4 kids and we wanted each child to have their own room and making the Rumpus room their retreat area.

It's finally started.  The land has been scraped, the pipework is in.  Now waiting for the slab to go down.  With the positioning of the house we have left more space on the left side of the block and less on the right meaning we will have to extend the crossover on the left side after handover so it's in line with the garage.  More $$$$$.

2 comments:

  1. AAhhh now i know why you need the big fridge space...teehee...4 growing kids, need to stock up! lol! love the design and makes sense converting the kids retreat to another bedroom...heaps of living space too...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes though Rob and I actually preferred Henley's Lexington Q1, but we sacrificed a bit for the kids because I wanted them all to have their own bedrooms as I didn't want issues with 2 of the girls sharing when they got into their teenage years (you know hormones and that start to play eg. that is my stuff, who said you can touch my things or I need some privacy to get changed so you will have to get out of the bedroom and wait till I'm finished.) I can just picture it..... and so PD's Ivanhoe offered the extra bedroom and an extra living area. I think in the end we made the right choice for Rob's and my sanity anyway.

    ReplyDelete