Sunday 4 September 2011

Slab Pour and Frame Up


Slab was poured on Monday 29 August.  They did a great job.  Then hubby drove past on Friday 2 Sept and said the framework was up.  Can't belive how fast they moved.  But it's looking really good and we're happy campers at the moment.


Preparing for slab pour.

 
View from the backyard

Front Portico

Front of house (study and Bed 1)

Garage and front entrance 


Back view looking at Afresco.

We took the kids to the block on Sunday, they were so excited.  They all went to their bedrooms and I told them to write their name and the date on a piece of timber in their room.  We won't see it after the house is finished, but it's good to know that behind those walls they have their names on it. Who knows, maybe in 200 years the house may get knocked down and someone will see their names written on the timber.  They loved doing it. I hope our SS won't get upset because we went in...hahahaha

Next will be the roof to go up.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that has to be a record. They certainly move fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was shocked and excited that Monday slab was poured and by Friday we drove past and the frame was up. I rang my SS this morning and said it was so quick between slab pour and framing. He said that it's all part of their procedure. I went by the day after the slab was poured and I noted it had been walked on so I walked on the slab and it was hard and set. Though it's still getting sun on it whilst the frame is up.

    ReplyDelete